www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: JBI SDK
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 15:48:19 GMT

Bruce Snyder wrote:

>>Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>>
>>>I would like to know the status of the JBI SDK request.
>>>I'm really looking forward to try it with ServiceMix.
>>>Is there anything i can do to help ?
>>
>>Thanks, but nope - we are first working to get the TCK license done with
>>Sun.  Once that's done, we apply for the scholarship w/ Sun and they do
>>a day of internal paper-shuffling.  Once that's done, we have it.  I'll
>>keep you up to date as this progresses...
>

> What exactly is involved in getting the TCK license? I'm just curious,
> did the efforts that went toward acquiring access to the J2EE TCK for
> Geronimo make access to other TCK licenses any easier?

I've set it up with them that we get simple addendums that add a new TCK
to our existing license.  This keeps it simple for us and them.  It's
really about internal Sun processes.  Once again, Sun has done a re-org
inside of their legal dept, so that slows things down.  I'm really
hoping to see this done Real Soon Now.

geir