www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: thoughts on new site
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2005 13:04:32 GMT

On Dec 16, 2005, at 3:05 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>

>> On Dec 14, 2005, at 12:22 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>>
>> Yes, we do need a heartbeat from the EG reps.  I don't want to see
>> that the
>
> +1 to the heartbeat. a) it's good to know for you and the board, b)
> it's good to know for PR (show off our jcp involvement) and c) it's
> good to know for asf committers (make them aware of the maturation
> of a jsr).
>
>> EG rep is required to report all technical status - that's really
>> out of scope for the ASF-level interest, and if people are
>> interested, they should
>
> Report on events I'd say (wonder where I get that from :) ).
>
> So when they move to a new status in the JSR process, or there are
> people problems to report then.

The status is public info, and people problems on an expert group we
aren't leading is something the spec lead should take care of, and
only escalate to the ASF if the spec lead isn't handling it in a
professional way.

>> As for my report to the board, this is a new thing and I'll be
>> doing this month (I moved it to Dec from last month).
>
> Publishable? Or likely to often be discussing private issues.

Publishable if a board report.

> --
>
> JSR-162 is on the licsnsed page twice.

thx, and it's wrong.  I meant 168.  162 was one that was abandoned
when it became a tool measuring contest between big companies and
several combined, IIRC.  Fixed.

> Should we be linking to the projects that license a TCK? Also a
> section that links to the projects that implement a JSR?

I had the latter on my to-do list (the other thing is to list
projects that have formally tested).  Former, only the ASF licenses
TCKs, but every project that implements a JSR should be testing as
per the terms of the spec license.

I was going to use the above to start hunting down projects and
making them test....

> Probably something special and prominent for official reference
> implementations.

Yes, but we only have one, Pluto. Code from Tomcat is used in the RI,
but it isn't the RI.  Same w/ Jackrabbit AFAIK.

geir

geirm@apache.org