www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: request to create private list jsr277-discuss@apache.org
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:44:10 GMT
Our main goal in participating in the JCP is to open it up, inch by
inch.   Things have been relatively quiet, and I think there's an
opportunity here.

Before we create another locked-down communication forum, lets use
this as a chance to unhook the NDA requirement for these
discussions.   (There's a bunch of other places I want to unhook the
NDA, but this is a good place to start...)

Brett, I'd like you to approach Stanley and explain the situation of
having more interest in the ASF for the JSR.  (He should be aware
from the time we wanted more than one rep.)  Tell him that we'd like
to have an interest list for committers, but don't want to require an
NDA for it, as we want to have open discussion internally [whatever
that means in an open community] about what's happening on the EG in
support of you representing us, and further, we want to start
implementing whatever the EG is coming up with.

I'm happy to help if you need it, but as you know Stanley better than
I do at this point you should take a wack at this if you are willing...

geir

geirm@apache.org