www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting a java specs project
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:25:37 GMT
I am going to ask this stupid question here, since at least it is
relevant to this list.  Why aren't the "spec jars" part of the spec?
In other words, why doesn't the JSR EG just produce a full API spec,
with interfaces encapsulated and expressed in the spec?  Then everyone
- inside and outside of apache - could just download the "spec jar"
with the spec.  I must be missing something basic here.

Phil