www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About joining JSR 279 and 280
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:05:49 GMT

On Nov 20, 2005, at 5:42 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> Steve Loughran wrote:
>> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>>> Sorry about the delay - changed jobs...
>> so we hear. couldnt take working for the company that gave us
>> XML1.1 eh?
>>>
>>> (aside : I'm interested in how Brett is treating the OSGi issue,
>>> as  it's a very interesting political and IP minefield - from
>>> what I  hear, the dance is in full swing, as expected...)
>>>
>> I have to deal with some of the packaging bits from other
>> standards, I'm interested in this too.
>
> Steve - cool, good to hear! If you have any thoughts you'd like me
> to forward on or keep in mind based on the initial description on
> the site I'd be happy to do so. If I understand what you mean by
> packaging, then it hasn't exactly been dealt with yet, so no rush.
>
> As a member, I believe there should be no problem with discussing
> it with you, though you may need to sign an NDA and I'll ask that
> Geir clarify that first. I'm sure it's fine, but I want to make
> sure we do follow all appropriate confidentiality rules within the
> EGs.

Yes - Steve must sign the NDA for any EG-private material.  It can be
found easily here :

http://people.apache.org/~geirm/ApacheNDA.pdf  or in the legal part
of the SVN repository.

Steve, once you have done that, fax to +1 203 665 6400 and I'll log
and forward to Jim for safekeeping in the ASF Hall of Records.

> Certainly it would be good to set up the lists Geir has discussed
> in the past and be clear on the policies so we can do that in an
> easier manner. Geir mentioned having that done by and discussing it
> at ApacheCon, so it is not far off. If for any reason there are
> delays, poke me and I'll confirm with the spec lead what is
> admissible to share.

Once he signs the NDA, you can share anything you wish with him.
It's not up to the spec lead.

geir

geirm@apache.org