www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: test-driven standards
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:08:29 GMT
Dan Diephouse wrote:

> I will to try to help realize the dream because it is a dream of mine as
> well. There is no reason not to make the JSR source and tests available
> under the CDDL or some such license. I'm not sure how effective I will
> be through the ASF, but we'll see :-)
>
> - Dan

Well, I'm trying to overthrow the W3C's process, one TAG member at a
time. if the real standards bodies can set examples, there is no reason
why the rest can't.

I guess the problem w/ the JSR groups is that they often view tests as
strategic things to only be released to people who sign the NDAs, like
you have to do for TCKs. But in reality they are nothing but a means of
testing that an implementation meets the design, which is something
every end user should have the right to do.

-Steve