www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About joining JSR 279 and 280
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 22:42:35 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>> Sorry about the delay - changed jobs...
>

> so we hear. couldnt take working for the company that gave us XML1.1 eh?
>

>> (aside : I'm interested in how Brett is treating the OSGi issue, as
>> it's a very interesting political and IP minefield - from what I
>> hear, the dance is in full swing, as expected...)
>>

> I have to deal with some of the packaging bits from other standards, I'm
> interested in this too.

Steve - cool, good to hear! If you have any thoughts you'd like me to
forward on or keep in mind based on the initial description on the site
I'd be happy to do so. If I understand what you mean by packaging, then
it hasn't exactly been dealt with yet, so no rush.

As a member, I believe there should be no problem with discussing it
with you, though you may need to sign an NDA and I'll ask that Geir
clarify that first. I'm sure it's fine, but I want to make sure we do
follow all appropriate confidentiality rules within the EGs.

Certainly it would be good to set up the lists Geir has discussed in the
past and be clear on the policies so we can do that in an easier manner.
Geir mentioned having that done by and discussing it at ApacheCon, so it
is not far off. If for any reason there are delays, poke me and I'll
confirm with the spec lead what is admissible to share.

Cheers,
Brett