www-infrastructure-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jeff Turner (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Resolved: (INFRA-206) Bulk setting of custom fields, find issue doesn't work on field
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:34:19 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-206?page=all ]
     
Jeff Turner resolved INFRA-206:
-------------------------------

    Resolution: Fixed

Due to a bug that was fixed in Jira 3.1:

http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5321

> Bulk setting of custom fields, find issue doesn't work on field
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>
>          Key: INFRA-206
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-206
>      Project: Infrastructure
>         Type: Bug
>   Components: JIRA
>     Reporter: Brian Minchau
>  Attachments: infra-206-duplicate.jpg
>
> I've added a number of custom fields to the XalanJ2 project.  In particular of interest
for this bug are:
>  fix-priority  (set will a pull down)
>  Xalan info    (set with a check box)
> I'm trying to remove my custom "Xalan keywords" field, but only after we get this to
work.
> "Xalan keywords" is free form text. The only words we use are "PatchAvailable", "fp1"
"fp2" "fp3" "fp4" "fp5". So I created fix-priority field with a pulldown with these choices.
 I did a find issues for the XalanJ2 project and put fp1 in the current "Xalan keywords" field.
It found XALANJ-2041 2042 2043 ( think it was those 3).  I did a bulk change on all of them,
I edited the single field "fix-priority" and selected "fp1" from the pulldown, etc.
> Later to test I did a find issue searching on the new fix-priority field with value fp1,
but nothing was found. I did the search on fp1 as the text in the Xalan keywords field, and
it found the three issues again. On viewing them the fix-priority looks ok.  When viewing
the one issue, XALANJ-2042, I set the fix-priority to fp2, then I edited again and set it
back to fp1.
> Now the search on fix-priority fp1 shows XALANJ-2042, but not the other two.  So although
the bulk edit looked like it worked, at least when viewing an issue, there is something not
quite right in the database.
> I'm going to play with Xalan info custom field to set/re-set PatchAvailable checkbox
on one issue. I expect it will behave the same. If it doesn't I'll append a comment.  But
you can check this behavior out to by either searching the Xalan keywords field with "PatchAvailable"
or searching the Xalan info with the checkbox for the same.  It looks like this checkbox took
hold, but again searching fails on this checkbox.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


Mime
View raw message