From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Tool proposal for helping run and monitor the ASF Infra Services
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2016 17:29:36 GMT
Hi Chris,

Ok so I started the Agent ... the Windows build agent is rather unexciting as it only has
a hand full of java processes and a MsSQL Server with all network shut down. When encountering
software, that is explicitly instrumented such as an Apache Webserver, Tomcat, the introspection
will provide more insight.

Eventually I could whip up a puppet script which you could use to setup the Instana Agent
on a linux machine. Then you should be able to setup an agent on one of the more interesting
machines. Are there any test VMs I could test such a script on?

I just sent you (Chris L.) an invitation to the Instana Web Console, so feel free to sign
up. If anyone else is interested, I'll be glad to invite him/her too :-)

The "Datacenter A / Rack 42" is just a dummy as I don't have any clue about what datacenter
the machine/vm is running on.

Chris

________________________________
Von: Chris Lambertus <cml@apache.org>
Gesendet: Samstag, 27. August 2016 08:20:15
An: infrastructure-dev@apache.org
Cc: Christofer Dutz
Betreff: Re: Tool proposal for helping run and monitor the ASF Infra Services

Chris,

We’re interested, but we don’t really have the bandwidth to set up evaluations for tools
like this right now. If you truly believe it’s worthwhile, then go ahead and fire up the
agent on hudson-win and let’s see what we get out of it. If it doesn’t require any elevated
permissions, I’m happy to see a live demo.

On Aug 23, 2016, at 11:46 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de<mailto:christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>>