From Matthieu Baechler <matthieu.baech...@gmail.com>
Subject Integrating jenkins with github
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 14:41:43 GMT
Dear infra team,

Several people of james team are using github daily for their dev workflow.

Basically, we do a pull request from our repository to Linagora[1] fork.
It allows others team members to do some reviews, something we do a lot,
see https://github.com/linagora/james-project/pulls .
It also triggers a build of this pull request merged on master and attach
build status to the pull request.
Once reviewers are happy and the build is ok, we do the merge manually on
apache git.

We would like very much to target apache github repository for our PRs, it
would allow to :

1. gain visibility for our PRs (PRs generate emails, etc)
2. avoid merging on both apache and Linagora repository everytime

If you agree it would be a progress, here is what we need to achieve that :

1. create a github user account for "james jenkins" user
2. generate a personal access token for this user here
https://github.com/settings/tokens with scope = {notifications, repo}
3. give access to james-project repo for this user

We would then put this token into the Linagora's jenkins instance and
everything would be fine.

What do you think ?

Best regards,

[1] : Linagora is kindly offering a jenkins server and pay some of the
project commiters

--
Matthieu Baechler