From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Planet at Apache
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 15:58:22 GMT
On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Chris Lambertus <cml@apache.org> wrote:

>> On Jul 8, 2016, at 5:19 AM, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Would it be any use if I take on the job of resurrecting it?
>> That would imply access to a server, and the relevant data
>> (is/was that fed from id.apache.org)?
>
> We’re happy to help facilitate this. Please put in an Infra jira ticket for the creation
of a new puppetized VM. As long as the system is built within our puppet and security framework,
we’re more than happy to have volunteers step up for the effort in resurrecting and maintaining
this service.

Any objections to putting it on comdev-vm?

The relevant data needed is a list of feeds to subscribe to.

>> I'd also be interested in whether planet could be extended
>> to aggregate per-project blogs, where a feed is available
>> that filters on a [projectname] keyword.  That could then be
>> offered to projects interested in aggregating project blogs.
>> Does that sound reasonable?
>
> I suppose you’re welcome to extend the codebase. I’m not familiar enough with it
to know how feasible this is.

Here is the codebase:

https://github.com/rubys/venus

>> --