From Chris Lambertus <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planet at Apache
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 15:27:11 GMT

> On Jul 8, 2016, at 5:19 AM, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Would it be any use if I take on the job of resurrecting it?
> That would imply access to a server, and the relevant data
> (is/was that fed from id.apache.org)?

We’re happy to help facilitate this. Please put in an Infra jira ticket for the creation
of a new puppetized VM. As long as the system is built within our puppet and security framework,
we’re more than happy to have volunteers step up for the effort in resurrecting and maintaining
this service.

> I'd also be interested in whether planet could be extended
> to aggregate per-project blogs, where a feed is available
> that filters on a [projectname] keyword.  That could then be
> offered to projects interested in aggregating project blogs.
> Does that sound reasonable?

I suppose you’re welcome to extend the codebase. I’m not familiar enough with it to know
how feasible this is.

> --
> Nick Kew

-Chris