From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planet at Apache
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 14:10:54 GMT
Sam:

> The general way in which changes are made to project VMs is that pull
> requests are submitted against infrastructure-puppet and reviewed and
> merged by infrastructure staff:

I see.

> If you are so inclined, I also am working on a tool that will help you
> deploy a VM (such as comdev-vm) on a machine you host.  This enables
> you to test out your changes:

OK, I had imagined "apt-get install planet-venus" created
a local playpen for running it, and that a source install
from planetplanet did the same for hacking it.  How much
difference does the VM environment affect that?

> I'm quite willing to set up planet for others to maintain, though even
> better would be helping teach others how to set things up for
> themselves.

Thanks.  That sounds like an offer I can't possibly refuse!
Two learning curves (Planet and ASFInfra) for the price of one.

I shall be sure to check out all your links within this week.

--
Nick Kew