From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Java8 : Jail or VM or container
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2016 08:45:09 GMT
Infra,

jena.zones.ao is running in a FreeBSD jail and it has Java7.  We run a
small public facing service that gets a steady amount of use.

But the project moved to Java8 so I'd like to sort out a way to run the
service using the latest-and-greatest code.

The service is a web server (jetty behind httpd), with a virtual host of
sparql.org (DNS points to the machine).  It is better if it can make
outgoing HTTP request as well.

What's the easiest thing to do here to get java8?

Starting again from scratch is fine if moving to a different base
consolidates services.

	Thanks
	Andy