From Martin Desruisseaux <martin.desruisse...@geomatys.com>
Subject Re: Download area for resources under non-ASL license?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 15:27:20 GMT
Le 26/04/16 17:21, Alex Harui a écrit :
> Why does it need to be in a repo on an ASF server?  Why not just download
> it from its original external distribution server as part of the build?

Because it is modified for the needs of the project. The modifications
are compliant with the term of use, but we are still required to ask the
user to agree. Another reason is for controlling which version of the
resources we use for a given version of the project. New versions
require new testing, and sometime update in the code. But the download
area of the external distribution server provides only the latest
version (or the archives are not obvious to find).

    Martin