From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: git and deleting branches
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 01:49:44 GMT
On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 4:08 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:

> Do we really want a case-by-case discussion what can be deleted and what not
> by using INFRA tickets? Or what procedure is supposed to be used?

This topic is being hotly debated on private lists right now
(board@apache, members@apache, and others).  One of the principles
that has been articulated is that whatever regime ultimately gets put
in place, the integrity of the ASF's provenance data cannot depend on
individuals adhering to best practices.

Unfortunately, as a non-Member you are excluded from that debate. I
can't provide you with links so that you may study the rationale
behind those decisions. And though specific policy language is
currently under consideration, you cannot participate in drafting or
review.

Marvin Humphrey