From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Git - SSL certificate problem
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 22:40:52 GMT
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 6:10 PM, OmPrakash Muppirala
<bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Geoffrey Corey <geoffcorey7@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I thought you had already turned off ssl verficiation in your git
>> config.
>>
>> For now, you can run this: git config --global http.sslVerify false (if you
>> aren't careful, cna be very bad), or you can prefix running git commands
>> with GIT_SSL_NO_VERIFY=true git <command>
>>

> I really don't want to do this.  Especially if we are talking about a few
> days worth of waiting.
>
> I am not sure what it means to 'be careful' if I am going to voluntarily
> turn off SSL verification.  I use my laptop in coffee shops and other
> potentially nefarious WIFI connections and I don't want to compromise the
> security of ASF Git and/or my laptop.

Om:

My apologies to you and other folks affected by this issue.
This should have been addressed a while back, but the issue was one of
resource allocation in SSL credits with one of our vendors. We
(finally) were able to get this (at least temporarily) resolved today;
and the new cert has been issued. It's now a matter of scheduling and
getting the cert deployed.

--David