From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git - SSL certificate problem
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 22:10:41 GMT
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Geoffrey Corey <geoffcorey7@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sorry, I thought you had already turned off ssl verficiation in your git
> config.
>
> For now, you can run this: git config --global http.sslVerify false (if you
> aren't careful, cna be very bad), or you can prefix running git commands
> with GIT_SSL_NO_VERIFY=true git <command>

I really don't want to do this.  Especially if we are talking about a few
days worth of waiting.

I am not sure what it means to 'be careful' if I am going to voluntarily
turn off SSL verification.  I use my laptop in coffee shops and other
potentially nefarious WIFI connections and I don't want to compromise the
security of ASF Git and/or my laptop.

> I'm still waiting on getting the signed cert from our CA.

I am guessing it is going to be a few days and not weeks or months?

Thanks,
Om