From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Git - SSL certificate problem
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2015 08:52:03 GMT
This might be a very specific issue, but I thought I'd ask here to see if
anyone can point me in the right direction.

I am setting up my new Windows box, using Git Bash, trying to clone a repo
from the ASF git server.

Here is what I am trying and the corresponding error message:

$ git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-utilities.git
Cloning into 'flex-utilities'...
fatal: unable to access '
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-utilities.
git/': SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Googling for the SSL certificate problem revealed that the easiest way to
fix this is to disable ssl verification by git.  I don't think it is a good
idea.  Moreover, I have never seen this issue in the past (with my other
windows machines), so I thought I'd first try to get to the bottom of the
issue before attempting shortcuts.

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Om