From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Whimsy: permissions needed to view committer/committee info
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 14:26:02 GMT
There's not much else in the same SVN tree, so technically it should
be easy to allow the public to read the contents.
Note: there is an example file
(normalize-committee-info.example.diff.txt) which includes some
historic information containing possibly private mail addresses etc.
This could be redacted to show a generic change.

However, this made me realise that exposing that part of SVN to the
public would allow access to all the previous history, which might
well contain additional private information.
Also the rest of the contents is not really of interest to the public.

So I think it would be safest to expose only the *content* of the CI
file to the public, assuming this can be agreed.
Once there is agreement that the CI file contents (as a whole, or just
certain sections) are public then tools can be written to extract that
information and publish it elsewhere.
For example, the people.a.o app could add the info.

So how do we go about getting agreement that the info can (should!) be
published?