From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: FAQ on CMS decommissioning
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 03:21:53 GMT
Well no.  You get to have input into the actual decision, along with other contractors and
members of the infra President's committee.  Infra operates as a hierarchy, your decisions
will bubble up to the VP and then the President who reports to the board.  The board doesn't
have a dog in this debate, so there's no reason for them to second guess the chain of command.
All anyone outside the operational chain of command can do is to try to influence that decision
making process from the *outside*.  It's up to you guys to choose the best course of action
for the org as you see fit.
Naturally there is a lot of responsibility in having that kind of decision making authority.
 I've said more than my peace on the subject to try to provide my experience with the service
as it is currently used by projects.  Basing your decision solely on my input and that
of your peers is not what I have in mind.
Projects need to give input on what the implications of the proposal mean for them.  And
they need to do it themselves, not by sitting behind my "advocacy".Again all I want from this
is a good solid well founded decision and plan of action;none of the projects I work on are
cms customers so I'd like to step out of this conversation from a focal viewpoint.