From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: FAQ on CMS decommissioning
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 03:04:03 GMT
According to the proposal Tony wrote infra plans to make a preliminary decision on the matter
on March 31.  That the rhetoric has gone from deprecating to decommissioning is a significant
clarification of intentions.

     On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:55 PM, Chris Lambertus <cml@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2015, at 7:35 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Note that this explicitly states the intention to decommission the service as it now
stands

No, this is NOT the explicit statement. I thought I was very clear on that in section 1(a)
of the FAQ, as was Tony in his initial email (“So we would like to solicit feedback on our
proposal…”), so I will make it as clear as possible once again:

Infra does not have any specific action related to the CMS planned at this time.

This is ONLY a request for commentary from the community on a proposal by Infra to work towards
decommissioning the CMS. It is NOT an express statement by the infra group that we will be
taking any specific action(s). We seek input from the community on this proposal so that we
can make more informed decisions on the future direction of CMS support, whether that be via
replacement, via resources applied to bring the existing CMS to acceptable support standards,
or some other option TBD.

Here is the link to the FAQ:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/CMS+Decommissioning+RFC+-+Frequently+Asked+Questions

-Chris