From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why are committers accounts never terminated?
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:02:36 GMT
Le 12/03/15 16:38, Kevin A. McGrail a écrit :
> On 3/12/2015 11:31 AM, Pierre Smits wrote:
>> Including community dev as it seems appropriate.
>>
>> Offboarding is equally important as onboarding. The solution as
>> described by Emmanuel and applied by Apache Directory project is a
>> good one. If the PMC of project FOO wants to have done it
>> differently, then it is their prerogative.
> We will have to agree to disagree because to me it's an apache way
> that volunteers can step away and step back without giant hurdles.

I never said we revoke access to committer that are moved to an emeritus
status.

It's just a cosmetic change, which is only reflected on the project page
: http://directory.apache.org/team.html

At any time, one committer might come back, his access is always
granted, we just have to update the team page.

Simple, easy, efficient, respectful.