From "Alan D. Cabrera" <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: hermes replacement
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 15:33:01 GMT

> On Jun 25, 2014, at 5:20 AM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>
> On Jun 24, 2014, at 11:20 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <adc@toolazydogs.com <mailto:adc@toolazydogs.com>>
wrote:

>> Joe Schaefer was going to help me install my WSGI script that will provide a protected
REST-like JSON interface to EZMLM.  This should allow all manner of tooling to access/manage
mailing lists.

>> It's my ultimate goal to wrap every resource that requires human management with
a similar API to facilitate tooling and automation.

> Cool!  I can see making use of that!
>
> As to this specific request, I have user level access to hermes, so I may be able to
help; but WSGI generally requires a web server and I don’t see anything running on port
80.

> Short term, I would suggest opening a JIRA. Longer term, I’d suggest requesting to
be added to apmail, if you haven’t already.

Here’s the Jira issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8006 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8006>

I think that David has some concerns about putting this on hermes.  How shall we proceed?

Regards,
Alan