From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject OK to add local -ppmc groups to asf-authorization-template?
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 18:13:38 GMT
Would it be OK by Infra to add dummy entries for PPMC members in the
asf-authorization file?

For example, as well as the SVN auth entries which have the form:

podlingName=id1,id2,id3

I propose allowing lines of the form:

podlingName-ppmc=id1,id2,id3

Is that going to cause any problems for Infra?

AIUI if a group is not used, it does not affect the SVN auth processing.

If this is acceptable, then the people.a.o site would immediately be
able to display the names.

It would also be very easy (I've already tried it) to detect the -ppmc
entries and use them to flag them as "(incubating)" along with the
associated podlingName entry. This would avoid the need to create a
entry of the form [/incubator/podling] or [/incubator/podling/site]
which is currently the only way to flag a local group as a podling.

I realise that this is not the ideal place to store the information,
but I don't think it makes matters worse.

S.