From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The email search device
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2015 22:28:27 GMT
Well, if we could work out the auth required to give janI a 'reply'
button, that would be good.

To make people happy with search, we need to index, I suppose, on a
bunch of fields, allow searches that query these fields in various
useful ways, and then show people a browsing interface that is less
that horribly frustrating. Oh, and let them send replies.

I don't see us using a REST API to allow a search engine to crawl the
archives for indexing, but maybe I'm thinking small somehow.

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 5:23 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> I’m trying to wrap a REST API around EZMLM on hermes:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8006 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8006>
>
> I think that there’s consensus that the idea of a REST API is a good idea but putting
it on hermes may not be the best location.