From "Alan D. Cabrera" <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Brooklyn not in http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:04:21 GMT

> On Jan 22, 2015, at 8:14 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 22 January 2015 at 15:52, Alan D. Cabrera <adc@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Jan 22, 2015, at 7:34 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> AIUI PPMCs have no legal status within the ASF.
>>>
>>> If LDAP committee entries are created for them, then the tooling needs
>>> to be adjusted to cater for this.
>>> There is other data that really needs to go into LDAP as well.
>>> AIUI changing LDAP structure is not trivial so ideally all the changes
>>> need to be done at once.
>>
>> I am espousing for the creation of a new OU, i.e. Podlings.
>
> It would still require changes to LDAP and Infra processes.

Changes in LDAP, of course, but these are new orthogonal changes.  Changes to Infra processes,
yes, but we are cleaning technical debt here and so that’s to be expected.  The change is
not burdensome.

>>> However if my suggestion of adding -ppmc entries to asf-auth is
>>> acceptable to Infra, then this can be implemented very quickly.
>>
>> What is this asf-auth file? Is it the subversion authorization file?
>
> Yes.
>
> As noted else-thread that is how Corinthia committers are documented.

Pointing to a prior use of a bad practice is not itself a justification of the bad practice.

Regards,
Alan