From Tony Stevenson <pct...@apache.org>
Subject The 'infrastructure-puppet' git repo has moved
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 18:33:00 GMT
All,

The infrastructure-puppet git repository has been moved.  This is part
of a several on-going strands of work:

- As part of the infrastructure team's plan to consolidate our git
service into a single namespace.
- Migrate all services off hosts that would ideally be deprecated and
decommissioned.
- Have the service setup and managed by puppet (yes we are somewhat
aware of the self referencing nature of this repo).

The repository can now be found here:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure-puppet.git

This is not the final URL, as ultimately all repositories will ideally
live at git.apache.org, in read/write mode.

The infrastructure-puppet repo is the first to move from 'git-wip-us'
to 'git1-us-west' If this is successful the remaining repositories
will also move in the coming week (an announcement about downtime will
also sent in due course). We are using the infra team as guniea pigs
for this new instance to try and make sure we catch any issues before
opening the service up to all TLPs.

There should be no material difference in the service.  Except to note
that currently the service is a little quicker using the gitweb UI,
and seems quicker for normal git operations. But this is clearly
without load.

If you have any questions please ask infrastructure@

--
Cheers,
Tony

On behalf of the Apache Infrastructure Team

Tony Stevenson

tony@pc-tony.com
pctony@apache.org

http://www.pc-tony.com