From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Brooklyn not in http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 15:27:11 GMT

> On Jan 22, 2015, at 3:11 PM, Tony Stevenson <pctony@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Please note that there are some significant technical consequences to this (depending
upon the exact nature of the changes) - for example adding that to an ou that was a child
ou of the incubator )whcih it probably should be) will cause some of the services that query
ldap tp incorrectly classify them, and perhaps there misuse them etc.
> It's not all doom and gloom. I'd rather see effort into getting other data into LDAP
first - as this has been around for a long time, and the PPMC additions seems like such a
small win for such a huge effort investment, right now.  One day it will all be in LDAP.

And maybe the Incubator will be a thing of the past by that time.  ;)

Anyway, I’d still like to help unless someone else is already working on this.

Regards,
Alan