From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a canonical location for peoples' employers?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 19:03:40 GMT
Le 21/01/15 16:11, Benson Margulies a écrit :
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>>> And so, where is this stored?...
>> I don't think there's a central location - some projects have that on
>> their team pages, like http://harmony.apache.org/contributors.html
> I don't see what a central location could mean.
>
> Not everyone has _one_ employer.
>
> Not everyone is working for their employer when they are volunteering
> an Apache project.
>
> Not everyone is working for the _same_ employer when they are
> volunteering on _more than one_ Apache project.
>
> In the interests of transparency, some PMCs may feel the need to ask
> their members and contributors to disclose _if_ they are being paid by
> some employer for their work on the project. Other PMCs may experience
> no stresses or conflicts that lead them to feel the need to ask this
> question.

We even have had one committer who used a proxy name, because he didn't
want his real name to be exposed at all.

That's ok. We don't really care which company you are working for, as we
are registred as individuals.

Those of us who want to get cover from being sued by their company can
ask their company to sign a iCla.

What's the problem are you trying to solve exactly ?