From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is there a canonical location for peoples' employers?
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 22:12:54 GMT
jan i wrote:
> Another question, which might be more relevant, why should people (==
> committers) tell who their eployers are ?

Officers are required to disclose their employer (I don't know what
happens if one does not, and I don't see problems in making my employer
known to other members, so I'm not testing it):

https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/foundation/officers/affiliations.txt

I think it won't harm anyone if I share the header of that file here:

# Note: While it is recognized that people participate at The ASF as
individuals,
# and from time-to-time wear other hats, the purpose of this file is to
denote
# the primary affiliation of each person for insurance and tax purposes.

Like Jan, I don't think affiliation is very relevant for committers
though. Diversity is good, is to be encouraged, but it's not a
requirement, as someone clarified recently on an Apache list. A project
must make sure that affiliation is not a factor (to be used either in
favor or against) when nominating a new committer.

Regards,
   Andrea.