From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Brooklyn not in http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 22:45:17 GMT

> On Jan 22, 2015, at 2:35 PM, Tony Stevenson <pctony@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> I just want the infra rubber stamp that this is the ultimate way to go and that I
have the go-ahead to start work on this

> In that case can I please ask that your formulate a clear proposal and bring it to the
list, and seek support for it.

> However, please note that failure to meet any of these criteria is likely to mean that
the Infra team will not be willing to accept it:

> 1) The work outputs have to be fully captured, and idempotent in configuration management
>
> 2) If this means there is another service that needs managing you will sadly find short
shrift from us as we are already over-burdened with support of services

> 3) If the proposal requires long term (read >1 day of infra input you will need to
liaise with David)

> You should also note that there is a current piece of work to resolve the underlying
issues with our ldap service. There is also an open JIRA and a very longstanding request to
harmonise a whole bunch of our data (members.txt, iclas.txt to name just two) into LDAP data.

> I dont mean to piss on your fire, but you need to understand that we are unlikely to
be able to commit to any new pieces of work of any significant magnitude for some months (unless
re-directed by David, or Ross etc) as we still trying to shake of a whole heap of technical
debt and years of under-serviced infrastructure.

Thanks.  I’m used to having my work wait, in some cases years, until things align with your
infra schedules.  ;)

The harmonization effort is exactly what I’m trying to do and I want to help.  Is someone
working on this?  If not can I take a crack at it in a similar manner as this podling project?

Regards,
Alan