From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Nabble Archive emails to MLs rejected due to SPF check
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 17:03:29 GMT
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Robert Metzger <rmetzger@apache.org> wrote:
> Thank you for the fast response.
> I understand that this check is there to protect from phishing / spam
> mails. Let me explain my reasoning ...

So the problem isn't with whitelisting Nabble; the problem is that
we'd have to disable SPF checks. The owners of those domains have
configured SPF to not allow third parties to send messages that appear
to be originating from those domains.

I appreciate that users want to communicate with projects, and think
thats a great thing; something I highly encourage. However, I think
that the onus is on Nabble to figure out how to not have issues with
domains that enforce SPF for their mail, not for scores of places to
make exceptions for them.

--David