From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Nabble Archive emails to MLs rejected due to SPF check
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 13:42:33 GMT
Hi,

I recently noticed that users tried to ask questions on our mailing list (
user@flink.incubator.apache.org) through the nabble mailing list archive (
but the mails never showed up at our mailing list.
It seems that Nabble is sending the mails from their servers, on behalf of
the user, using the user's email address.

the following error:

>   dev@flink.incubator.apache.org
>     SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<
> dev@flink.incubator.apache.org>:
>     host mx1.us.apache.org [140.211.11.136]: 550 SPF forgery:
>     Please see
> http://www.openspf.org/why.html?sender=metzgerr%40web.de&ip=216.139.236.26&receiver=athena.apache.org
> ------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------
> Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 03:12:35 -0700 (PDT)
> From: rmetzger <metzgerr@web.de>
> To: dev@flink.incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: How to use ShipStrategy BroadCast

Would it be possible to "whitelist" nabble.com for sending mails on behalf
of their user's?
At least one other Apache project also noticed the issue:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cxf-users/201406.mbox/%3CDC3F5CBB3E66D44FBF12357ADC2471F257B471%40CBR1PEXC03.production.prod%3E
Here is another example:
http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/Internal-Server-Error-Trunk-Demo-Management-Apps-td1475202.html
(See second message)