From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Current status of a MacOS build bot
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 11:07:01 GMT
Hi,

there was already a lot of discussion and I believe also some ongoing
work to provide a MacOS build bot. Can anybody tell me what the current
status is? A working and available build bot is somewhat important for
the OpenOffice project to ensure that builds can be done in the future
and don't depend on any private machine.

I am interested to help with setting up a working build environment for
AOO if a Mac machine can be made available as discussed.

Any kind of further information is highly appreciated and welcome.

The same is true for Linux build bots running an older CentOS system
that can be used to support our baseline for OpenOffice. The baseline
ensures that the OpenOffice builds can be installed on as many as
possible Linux versions. Well it would be better to build it from
scratch for any Linux distros but the cooperation here lacks of
volunteers on both sides. It's potentially more a political problem
where I am personally not interested in.

Anyway my goal is to have build bots that can be used at any time to
build a binary release for OpenOffice to fulfill our users need.

Juergen