From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Y! DMARC solution preferences
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 22:52:37 GMT
Talking to a few people about this privately, it seems that
there is a perception that munging Y! From headers is the
least invasive option of the two.

But this is a brand-spanking new issue and it's hard to gauge
how service providers will react.  Y! could step back, or others
could step on board.  The only real future-proof option is to
change list configs to no longer alter content or headers, but
I want to let the community weigh in on their preferences before
taking action.

On Sunday, June 1, 2014 5:28 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

>If there are any questions or comments about this issue,
>let's place them on this thread.
>
>The underlying issue is that in about mid-April Yahoo! (and now AOL)
>changed their DNS-advertised DMARC policy for their domain to REJECT messages that fail
the DMARC tests (revolving around SPF and DKIM).  SPF is
>a non-issue for us currently, but DKIM is because it's a signed hash of various headers and
the message body itself- things which some of our lists are configured to alter by choice.