From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject [DISCUSS] Y! DMARC solution preferences
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 21:27:42 GMT
If there are any questions or comments about this issue,
let's place them on this thread.

The underlying issue is that in about mid-April Yahoo! (and now AOL)
changed their DNS-advertised DMARC policy for their domain to REJECT messages that fail the
DMARC tests (revolving around SPF and DKIM).  SPF is
a non-issue for us currently, but DKIM is because it's a signed hash of various headers and
the message body itself- things which some of our lists are configured to alter by choice.

What the POLL offers is a choice of redress plan: either we can munge Y!
From addresses to avoid their DMARC policy check, or we can reconfigure
our lists not to alter the message in any way.  It looks like Y! is committed
to this policy change so the onus is on us, if we still want to ensure Y! users'
messages are deliverable to us, to change how we operate roughly 50% of
our available lists.