From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Discussion on enabling users to specify own machines as dynamic hosts
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:45:13 GMT

On 4/16/14 1:08 PM, "jan i" <jani@apache.org> wrote:

>And from a PMC perspective I would worry about a build in a non-controlled
>enviroment.
Is an Azure VM considered "non-controlled"?  I get that my personal
computer which I use for browsing the internet and reading email is prone
to attack, but if an Azure VM is only running CI, isn't that safe enough
for nightly builds which are not an official release?

>There is a big difference between developer builds which can happen
>everywhere (I also build on my own machine), and builds that are sent to
>tester or maybe even voted on.
Are we allowed to vote on bits built by a CI server?

Thanks,
-Alex