From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Discussion on enabling users to specify own machines as dynamic hosts
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:00:28 GMT

On 4/16/14 12:43 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>Except for one thing.  If a project wants to support nightly builds (quite
>a few Apache projects seem to provide nightly builds), they better come
>from an Apache controlled build server instead of a random developer's
>machine/VM.

Is that for some technical or financial reason or for perception?  Apache
was hit by Heartbleed like lots of other places. I would worry more about
the "safety" of nightly builds from a multi-project CI server than a
single-project CI server.  What if some other project needs IE6 or some
other vulnerable software to run a regression suite?

-Alex