From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Discussion on enabling users to specify own machines as dynamic hosts
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 07:49:52 GMT
Alex Harui wrote:
> On 4/16/14 11:39 PM, "J├╝rgen Schmidt" wrote:
>> We need a reliable build bot systems where we can build the binary
>> releases in a controlled environment. ...
> IMO, you should do that outside of Apache.  Subversion, for example, has
> other entities that ship binaries.

In the OpenOffice case convenience binaries have a different importance:
our users expect binaries that are approved by the project too.
Eventually, we'll want to have digitally signed binaries coming from
Apache. And this would require using the buildbots, or internal Apache
infrastructure anyway... but this is an entirely different story!

Regards,
   Andrea.