From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Whimsy] Self-subscribe drop-down mailing list suggestions
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2014 13:46:58 GMT
On 16 March 2014 13:16, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> The self-subscribe mailing list drop-down defaults to admin-search.
> That means it is easy to accidentally request a subscription to it.
> It would be better if the default were blank.
>
> Also, the list is now very long, and will only get longer.
> Might be worth considering breaking it into multiple lists.

Also, it would help if retired podling lists were excluded from the TLP list.

I assume there is no use-case for being able to subscribe to these?
If so, then such list entries could be dropped.

Alternatively, rather than checking for status=current to determine
the list of podlings, the code could check for status!=graduated.
This would treat current and retired podlings as still being podlings;
this would be better than treating a retired podling as a TLP.