From Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk>
Subject Re: GitHub pull request comments
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 18:14:59 GMT
On 02/06/2014 07:05 PM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 6:21 AM, Daniel Gruno <rumble@cord.dk> wrote:
>
>> I'll let you know when I have a better working system in action :)
>
> That's great to hear.  For the record I'm still wary of the long term
> impact on Infra for maintaining GitHub integration, and on our ability
> to guarantee that we capture everything without information loss from
> a commercial service we do not control (as opposed to a piece of
> software we run on our own hardware).

Let me be very clear: This is a *CONVENIENCE* service we will provide
(if we can get it to work properly), not in any way a service that takes
the responsibility off the respective PMC. _We_ will do our best to pull
in GitHub stuff to the ML, but the ultimate responsibility for record
keeping will _always_ be in the hands of the _PMC_. If a project is
silly enough to think that they can cast votes on GitHub (or whatever)
and expect everything to get captured, that is 100% on them when shit
hits the fan, NOT infra.

Perhaps we should start considering making some specific GitHub/off-site
guidelines? (or, we can call them something else, but you know what I
mean). It seems that not all projects really get how to produce open
source software within an organization/foundation, and just shift the
blame on infra when things go bad.

But we can have those
> conversations over time.
>
> Marvin Humphrey