From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Project data implicit in HTML pages
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 17:16:34 GMT

On Sep 2, 2013, at 11:18 AM, Tim Williams <williamstw@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 2, 2013, at 8:17 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>
>>> There's a lot of data that seems to be implicitly stored in HTML pages, e.g.
mailing list info.  I need explicit access to this info.  Podlings are simple since podling.xml
can simply be extended to include such information, but what to do about projects?

>>> To this end, panopticon is going to store this information in JSON format in
a data directory in Subversion.  If it turns out to be useful it is envisioned that it will
be moved to a central location.

>> There seems to be some awesome DOAP files that I can use.  I need to extend some
information to the mailing lists.  More specifically I need to add the subscription policy
for each mailing list.

>> What's the protocol for extending http://projects.apache.org/ns/asfext?
>
> My guess is that site-dev@ would be a good place to start.  Though,
> that may be dated thinking…

I asked about it and there's been no reply.  The DOAP files are not really updated consistently
and it's taking too long for me to get my head around RDF/FOAF etc.  I'm going to create my
own files and we can rationalize what we have later.

Regards,
Alan