From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Getting a list of ASF projects
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2013 19:43:20 GMT
On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Alan Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2013, at 11:07 AM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Alan Cabrera <adc@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>> Is there a way to programatically get a list of ASF projects without having to
scrape HTML?

>> For example, here is one solution:
>>
>> ldapsearch -x -LLL -b ou=pmc,ou=committees,ou=groups,dc=apache,dc=org dn
>
> This might be interesting to add to whimsy?

Sure!  Got a patch?  :-)

By the way, that's actually the underlying query that the following page uses:

https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committee/

(more precisely, that's the command line equivalent to the underlying
ldap apis that are used by that page)

Adding a json output for that page is easy.  At the moment, that page
is password protected.  Or a separate page containing only public
information could be added.

> Regards,
> Alan

P.S.  If this is likely a one time thing, describe what you would like
to see further, and I'll be happy to whip something up.  Otherwise, I
would much rather "teach you to fish" :-)