From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: Atlasssian Stash at the ASF?
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 20:50:20 GMT

Cheers,
Tony

Sent from my iPhone - Please excuse any brevity or typos.

On 18 Jun 2013, at 21:40, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@gmail.com> wrote:

> The internal git solution is kind of bare bones and not widely adopted yet.

Actually it is very popular indeed. A lot more than you might recognise. It also has integration
with GitHub. So that hardly strikes me as bare bones.

> It seems the fact that we already deploy a lot of Atlassian products it
> makes sense to use Stash, given that Atlassian is interested in help us
> make this happen. It doesn't hurt to enable it for a few projects and see
> how it acts.

We use 2 of there vast array of products. That doesn't constitute a lot in my book.

Why would we deploy yet another tool or product and risk diversifying our platform too much?
The stash product does have some benefits but it also has drawbacks which right now far outweigh
the positives.

So as I said its a case of "thanks but no thanks"