From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Atlasssian Stash at the ASF?
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 15:35:29 GMT
On 20/06/2013 16:23, Tony Stevenson wrote:

> On 20 Jun 2013, at 16:22, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, the majority of projects use JIRA, I can't name one that doesn't:
>
> httpd

OpenOffice, Tomcat, SpamAssassin, and others.

Yeah. Just a few of the minor players really.

Looking at bug counts Jira has around twice as many as the Bugzilla
instances combined.

Jira also requires several orders of magnitude more effort to maintain
than Bugzilla. As one of the people doing that maintenance, I'm not
personally convinced that the extra features you get with Jira are worth
the hassle that comes with them. However, some projects like the
features so we (infra) put up with the hassle.

Mark