From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Atlasssian Stash at the ASF?
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 21:16:08 GMT
On 18/06/2013 21:53, Jeremy Thomerson wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Tony Stevenson <tony@pc-tony.com> wrote:
>
>>> The internal git solution is kind of bare bones and not widely adopted
>> yet.
>>
>> Actually it is very popular indeed. A lot more than you might recognise.
>> It also has integration with GitHub. So that hardly strikes me as bare
>> bones.
>

> I'll add another reason not to use Stash: if we had it, then there are two
> ways to submit pull requests.  It seems better to have one.  And Github is
> probably the better of the two considering many developers who are
> submitting pull requests may already have a GH account and not want to
> create a Stash account or manage their pull requests on YAVCS (yet another
> version control site).

And another:

As the git service grows the intention is to move it from its current
FreeBSD jail to eris & harmonia (alongside the svn service).

Stash is not supported on FreeBSD and having tried to run Jira on the
unsupported FreeBSD OS I have no wish to repeat that experience with
another Atlassian product.

Mark