From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Canonical sources for information
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 22:57:40 GMT
On 30 May 2013 23:33, Tony Stevenson <tony@pc-tony.com> wrote:

> Cheers,
> Tony
>
> Sent from my iPhone - Please excuse any brevity or typos.
>

> On 30 May 2013, at 17:49, Alan Cabrera <adc@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>

>> On May 28, 2013, at 10:44 AM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Try the following (passing in --user adc:password):
>>>
>>> curl -H "Accept:application/json" https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committer/adc
>>>
>>> Let me know if there are ways that I can make this more convenient.
>>
>> I'm seeing an inconsistency for the records for Sean Kelly, kelly.  He seems to be
in the Incubator group but not the Incubator committee.

> Why is that an inconsistency? He might need access based on the group. Iirc the group
is not equivalent to IPMC membership.

There are (usually) two LDAP groups for each TLP.

The unix group, which is for TLP committers, and gives access to files
on people as well as SVN trees.
The committee group, which should be the same as the PMC, and gives
access to SVN trees.

Usually the unix group is a superset of the committee group.

Not all TLPs have both LDAP groups.