From Alan Cabrera <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Getting username from full name
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 12:59:20 GMT

Sent from my iPad

On May 12, 2013, at 10:32 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:

> Alan Cabrera wrote on Sun, May 12, 2013 at 10:21:42 -0700:

>>> Actually, do not use that as is; it is intended for infra consumption
>>> and thus shows memberships in certain operational groups as well.  Only
>>> a subset of that script's output information is public.
>>

>> Perfect!!!!
>>
>> Is there a foolproof algorithm I can use to cull the operational
>> groups from the results?
>>

> tbh, I think your best bet is to hook into the people.a.o site build, or
> reuse what it does.  The culling is already implemented there.

Great.  Where's the code for that?  Is it in python?

> Anyway, to your question: just use a whitelist approach: PMC groups are
> safe, PMC committters groups are safe, board membership is safe, ASF
> membership is safe (all of those are public knowledge anyway).  If you
> run into something you don't recognise, omit it.

Where do I get the lists do PMC groups, committer groups, board memberships, and ASF memberships?

>> Also, I was wondering if it would make sense to store podling information in LDAP
instead of podlings.xml.  Just a thought for discussion.

> Been suggested before, I don't see it happening.

You don't see it happening because it's a bad idea or because it's too difficult to do?

> I will say, though, that the IPMC should keep track by itself of podling
> committership/membership: some podlings have @committters=rw on their
> tree and so there is no record anywhere in infra of their personnel
> composition.

Agreed.  The question is where.  It just makes sense to me to have all this membership information
in LDAP.

Regards,
Alan