From Tony Stevenson <pct...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Canonical sources for information
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 12:51:10 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote on Wed, May 29, 2013 at 05:36:19AM -0700:
> If you review earlier emails in this thread you'll see that Sam's REST API requires a
username/password.  My tools will prompt for the user's username and password and pass that
along.

Alan, I will re-iterate my concerns about the storing of personal data -
please dont cache our data, and more importantly never cache the
crenedtials you prompt for.

Please also ensure that you only do this via SSL to prevent simple eaves
dropping etc.

> Previously there was talk about Sam also providing a REST API that didn't require a username/password,
and this API would return a smaller subset of publicly safe information.  While I could use
such a thing I'm not going to wait for it to take shape as the content of this API still seems
to be in flux.

That is the whole point of whimsy, it is a staging post for
tools, scripts etc before they make it into prime time. Things will
likely work just fine, but they may also change.

--
Cheers,
Tony

Tony Stevenson